Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sunny Day Geraniums

Hi to all  my blogger buddies. This is one I just finished called Sunny Day Geraniums. It is for the WCW group I belong to on Yahoo. We are doing shadow studies this month. We all need to pay attention to shadows that we see. You would be amazed at all the different colors reflected in them. I t is so easyto just paint the shadows in purple hues, but I challenge you to start looking at shadows and see if you can see different colors, and paint them in your paintings.

4 comments:

Janice Kay Schaub said...

You are so right about the shadows. I dont know when I first noticed that but I did when I was quite young and long before I began to draw and paint. I love the way you have captured it in the geranium painting.
Janice

Janice Kay Schaub said...

You are so right about the shadows. I dont know when I first noticed that but I did when I was quite young and long before I began to draw and paint. I love the way you have captured it in the geranium painting.
Janice

Paintings said...

You are so right about the shadows.

Jyoti said...

Wow Beautiful blog :) loved your blog, some very nice art works. I too have a fine art blog, have a look, hope you like it:
http://www.fineartandyou.com/